FLoC 2018 Call for Workshops
FLoC 2018 — The 2018 Federated Logic Conference
6-19 July 2018
Oxford, England UK
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
The Seventh Federated Logic Conference (FLoC 2018) will host the following nine conferences and affiliated workshops.
SUBMISSION OF WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops on topics in the field of computer science, related to logic in the broad sense. Each workshop proposal must indicate one affiliated conference of FLoC 2018.
It is strongly suggested that prospective workshop organizers contact the relevant conference workshop chair before submitting a proposal.
Each proposal should consist of the following two parts.
1) A short scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance, and the particular benefits of the workshop to the community, as well as a list of previous or related workshops (if relevant).
2) An organisational part including:
- contact information for the workshop organizers;
- proposed affiliated conference;
- estimate of the number of workshop participants;
- proposed format and agenda (e.g. paper presentations, tutorials, demo sessions, etc.)
- potential invited speakers;
- procedures for selecting papers and participants;
- plans for dissemination, if any (e.g. a journal special issue);
- duration (which may vary from one day to two days);
- preferred period (pre, mid or post FLoC).
The FLoC Organizing Committee will determine the final list of accepted workshops based on the recommendations from the Workshop Chairs of the hosting conferences and availability of space and facilities.
Submission instructions will follow shortly from http://www.floc2018.org/workshops/
For further information on FLoC 2018 see http://www.floc2018.org
Submission of workshop proposals deadline: June 19, 2017
Notification: July 31, 2017
Pre-FLoC workshops: Saturday & Sunday, July 7-8, 2018
Mid-FLoC workshops: Friday July 13, 2018
Post-FLoC workshops: Wednesday & Thursday, July 18-19, 2018
Note mid-FLoC workshops are expected be one day in duration, however we can consider two-day workshops under exceptional circumstance (details should be included in the proposal).
Questions regarding proposals should be sent to the workshop chairs of the proposed affiliated conference. General questions should be sent to:
FLoC 2018 WORKSHOP CHAIR
University of Glasgow