Results of the voting procedure
During the month November 1995 a
has been organized for defining the name and scope of EAPLS.During this period 139 votes have been received. The accumulated results (between square brackets) are as follows:
-  S1: Original EAPLS scope
-  S2: Scope extended with software development with emphasis on formal methods (proposed by Reinhard Wilhelm)
-  S3: Scope extended with software systems (proposed by Egidio Astesiano)
-  N1: European Association for Programming Languages and Systems (EAPLS)
-  N2: European Association for Programming Languages and Software Science (EAPLSS)
-  N3: European Association for Software System Science (EASSS)
The conclusions are therefore:
- The scope of the organization will be:
The Association pursues exclusively and directly purposes in the public interest with the goals of promoting science in the area of programming languages and systems hereafter called Programming, which covers all aspects of programming and includes theory, language design (all paradigms), language implementation, and language use (program design, software engineering).
- The name of the organization will be:
European Association for Programming Languages and Systems (EAPLS)
We thank all people who have voted for their in interest in EAPLS!